Another week has come and gone, the days are getting shorter, the temperatures are starting to drop…but here at NexGoal, things are just heating up! We had another busy week in social media and our Owner/CEO, Kevin Dahl even made an appearance on Sirius/XM satellite radio. So without further ado, let’s get into what happened this week…
– If you work in an office, chances are you work with someone who lives to complain. You know, the person who is quick to fuss when something new is implemented or they are given additional tasks or just generally likes to whine and moan about every little thing they possibly can. These types of people can create some negative effects on an office, but successful people know how to handle the toxicity of those who might bring them down and Here’s How.
– The relationship between recruiter and candidate can, and should, be mutually beneficial. However there are some instances where some training is to be had with regards to candidates and their expectations vs. reality. The folks over at Undercover Recruiter provided this entertaining and informative graphic that details some of the reasons why Recruiters Are From Mars, Job Seekers Are From Venus.
– In another piece on interview tips, it’s worth noting that interviews aren’t just interrogation sessions utilized by employers to rake a candidate over the coals to get all the information they want or need from them. They are open discussions where more than a list of skills a candidate posseses are called into play. If that was the sole purpose of an interview, why bother? That can be handled much more simply with a check list of bullet points crossed off. Oh, you wouldn’t hire someone based of a list of bullet points? Well that brings us back to our original point, interviews are an opportunity for both candidate and employer to interact. Succesful job applicants understand this and know exactly what to say.
– First things first, if you aren’t utilizing a cover letter when applying to jobs or submitting your resume, now would be the best time to start doing that. Now that we have that covered, when writting your cover letter, avoid these 6 Mistakes.
– In case you missed it, check out this interview with NexGoal CEO, Kevin Dahl, as he speaks with Sirius/XM NHL Networks Scott Laughlin about his experience in the NHL as well as his current venture with NexGoal
– Things are looking up for the job market in 2014, for the first time in 14 years jobless claims are down over the past month. Which means hiring is going to become more difficult with more passive candidates and less active. Which leads to the why 3rd party recruiting is now playing such a crutial role in attracting top talent.
If you don’t want to wait for the roundup on Fridays, be sure to follow us on
Like us on Facebook
+1 us on Google+
Follow us on LinkedIn – and all those fun spotlight pages.